Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Not to me, but For Me

Have you ever felt like you have tried the best and you don’t succeed? I am really sure that you know that kind of feeling. Under such condition, most of people usually start to look for something/someone to blame. It is pathetic.

Let‘s say, I have been in that situation. For example, my team had been making all efforts to be in a final basketball championship. And, we just ended up with no title at all. I just feel that it is unfair. I believe that you ever experienced it, too.

When I discussed this topic to a friend of mine, I got many point of views. Some of them said, ”We just can’t win all.” I think that this is just their rationalization or just a replacement which would make them feel better. But, sometimes, it does help, by the way.

But, point of view I like most is what my friend, Arlo, said to me. “Nothing ever happened to you, but everything did happen for you.” Actually, I am little bit confused with this quotes, at first. But it is getting clearer when Arlo gave me an illustration.

Simply said, we planned before we were going to do something. And most of them, sometimes, weren’t going as planned. Often, we are getting upset or disappointed. But, something we really don’t know is there’s always a bright side for us right there.

Let’s back to my problem up there! My team might not get a chance to play in basketball championship game, in order to remind us that there are so many things needed to be repaired, internally. Therefore, we have a chance to reflect and rebuild our ‘soul’ in the team. We might think that everything is okay, if we wouldn’t have lost.

That is what I am talking about. Final championship didn’t happen to us, but the lost did happen for us. At the end, I want to say “Cheer up. Thing may go unplanned, but something good for us do happen eventually”. Then, what to worry? You tell me.

6 comments:

diansubrata said...

well. everything happens for a reason, rite..?
and we'll never know the reason until we've done it, rite

so, do what u have to do to find that it's happened just for you.

dgn kata lain, sperti yg gw bilang ben, hajar, live and learn..

None said...

I've learned that it's not what happens to people, it's what they do about it.
*lupa dapet darimana

eniwei, TI bukannya juara tiga yak?

None said...

oiya,
nice writing!

Gli`AzzuRRo said...

dian: yeahh.. thanks di.. hahha

nadya: i wrote something bout that quotes in "things in my life and how i react". haha. that is a good quotes btw.

nad, juara 3 tuh bukan title buat kita.. hahhaahaha..

thanks btw

Anonymous said...

Tulisan yang baik,,
Btw,, sedalem apa bos efek kegagalannya buatlo..?
Karna menurut gw effort kita ngga lebih besar dari pesaing kita,, baik tahun ini maupun tahun lalu..

But we still got something from this basketball thing's,,
In the end we still have each other,,
And maybe it's the important part for me..

Buat nadya:
Sepakat sama ben,, juara itu cuma ada satu di setiap kejuaraan.. ; )

Buat ben:
Have you ever felt like you have tried the best and you don’t succeed?

I think about something else from you in this situation,, hahha2..

Gli`AzzuRRo said...

Buat Nardo:
I think you define the point quite well up there. Speaking of another situation of mine, I guess you are just wild guessing do! hahahaha